OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
GSF Car Parts Limited
GSF Car Parts Ltd is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of automotive parts registered in England under company number 01779084. GSF Car Parts Ltd is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
What kind of personal information about you do we process?
The precise details of the personal information we collect and process about you will vary according to the specific purpose for which we are collecting the information, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details and contact detail history
- Records of your contact with us such as via the phone number of your local branch and, if you get in touch with us online or via email
- Details of transactions you carry out through our branch network or online services
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, behavioural and browsing data.
- Analysis of marketing data including history of communications, whether you open them or click on links, and information about products or services we think you may be interested in, and analysing data to help target offers to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you.
- Insights about you and our customers gained from analysis or profiling of customers
What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly, and any information from colleagues, associates or beneficiaries of products and services
- Account sign up/application process
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services
- Browsing data and behaviour when using our online platforms
- From sources outside our business which may include our group of companies
How do we use the information we collect about you?
- to process your order or manage your account
- to contact you for your views on our services
- to notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services
- to provide a more personalised online experience
- to provide tailored communications
- for record keeping purposes
- to keep you informed about our products and services that we offer
- for market research purposes
- to allow you to participate in our reward or loyalty schemes
When you browse one of our websites we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
These 4 types of cookies are used across our group websites:
These are used to help distinguish each user on our website and to ensure they have a seamless buying experience. These cookies carry out essential functions like enabling you to search for parts using your vehicle details, remembering what you’ve added to your shopping basket and keeping you securely logged in throughout the ordering process.
This website also uses functional cookies to remember any preferences that you’ve set and improve the online experience. Examples include the cookies used to enable our live chat support function and cookies that are used to remember your details for next time you visit the site.
These analytical cookies collect anonymous data on how visitors use the site. This data enables us to improve the website and to ensure the site is easy to use and remains user-friendly
Other Third Party Cookies
How does the organisation protect data and disclose your information?
We take the protection of your information seriously and have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to keep it safe. Internally, we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. Your personal information may also be shared with trusted service providers acting on our behalf who provide services such as: web hosting, web analytics and integration, customer service web chat and ticketing, order fulfilment, data analysis including data personalisation, infrastructure provision, email marketing data, review sites of our services, auditing services and other services to enable them to provide services, our courier companies who may deliver your orders, our affiliate websites and garage partner networks, third party suppliers who manage our secure payment platform and credit card processing.
We’re based in the UK but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements, unless certain exceptions apply.
How long will we keep your information?
We only retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updates on our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so. We are required to keep some records for a longer period of time to meet our legal obligations, accounting, warranty or reporting requirements.
You have certain rights over your personal information. These include the right to access a copy of your personal information, or have some elements of it transmitted to you or another company in a common electronic format. In certain circumstances you can have your personal information corrected or erased, or you can restrict our use of it. You also have the right to object to the way we use your personal information.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, if you think any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us at the addresses given below so we can update our records.
Post: GSF Car Parts, Subject Access Request, Sealand Road Industrial Estate, Chester, CH1 4NS.
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO); however, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please get in touch.
This privacy notice was last updated in February 2020.